Team17 announced a free DLC pack for Mouldy Toof Studios hit title, The Escapists. Bringing a new map, new items, and a new leaderboard,
On December the 8th, players of the base game, The Escapists can grab their hands on a totally free DLC pack bringing some festivity to the prison. The pack is called, “Jingle Cells” and features the following.
- A new festive themed prison to break free from,
- Twenty new items and craftables
- A new leader board to climb up the ranks on
You’ll play as Buddy, (previously seen in last years Christmas DLC) who loses control of his sleigh, crash landing within Frosty Pines Prison. The DLC is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
On top of that, Team17 have also released the below trailer for The Escapists 2, also coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC, in 2017.
The list of features is certainly interesting and seems to introduce a lot of new improvements and additions.
• Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
• New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
• New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
• New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
• New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
• More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
• More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
You can check out the trailer below!
Source: Team17 News