Ubisoft have announced that Steep will be getting a free DLC that brings new maps and new events on the 10th February 2017.
Steep, the open world snowboarding, ski’ing, snowy, and cold sports game will be getting a free DLC next month on the 10th February 2017.
While we wait until the details on the new map are revealed at some point, players will be greeted to a new update as the game pushed the new update on the 27th January 2017 bringing new additions to the game and improvements.
Jumping accuracy, G-Force impacts being less destructive, and an improved mountain view display are amongst some of the improvements.
The list of new additions are,
- Welcome Dashboard – Displays the most important in-game news and suggests content for players’ current game session.
- Live Page – Provides more info on the Steep World Tour and current series going on, as well as which Community Challenges are available to play.
- Steep World Tour – A recurring competitive tournament open to all Steep players. Check out the Live Page for more details, including tournament phase and ranking information.
- Community Challenges – Challenges made by the Community, for the Community! Selected trail challenges created by the community will be highlighted and made available to all players as a Community Challenge to beat. Look for them in the new Live Page!
- New Customization Items – Shhh… they’re a surprise! More will be revealed in due time.
- Director Mode – Provides more freedom and Replay Mode options (such as camera types and ambiance) for players to get even more creative in their replay videos.
- Hide HUD – And last but not least (and because you asked for it!)… You now have the option to hide the HUD while riding or creating replay videos. You can toggle the HUD display by going into OPTIONS -> VIDEO.
The improvements and additions are available now, and the Alaska DLC will be available on the 10th February 2017 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One
Source: Press Release