El Presidente returns in 2018, as Kalypso announce a sixth entry in the long-running Tropico series.
Earlier in the week Kalypso Media, and new series developer Limbic Entertainment, unveiled a new trailer for Tropico 6, the next entry in the long-running strategy title which sees you as a leader of a fictitious banana republic.
Limbic Entertainment, who have previously worked on the Might & Magic series with Ubisoft, will be taking on the mantle from Haemimont Games who have developed the series since the third iteration when Kalypso Media acquired the IP from Take Two. Take Two had never made use of the license., simply picking it up as collateral during their aggressive expansion into the market in the early 2000s
Limbic’s take on the series seems promising with the inclusion of multiple island maps as well as the bridges and tools required to connect them. There’s also a strange feature based around the pilfering of international landmarks for the fame of the island.
You can find the current features list below,
“Features of Tropico 6
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.”
Tropico 6 will launch for Xbox One, PS4, Windows, Mac & Linux in 2018. You can find the extended announcement trailer below.