Destructive car racing title, Flatout 4: Total Insanity has launched on Steam and comes loaded with exclusive content.
Flatout 4: Total Insanity by Strategy First has launched on Steam on the 4th April and comes with a 15% discount for the first week. The Steam version of the game will include DLC exclusives that won’t be available on the console versions. There will be two exclusive arenas, the Ice Lake and the Factory arena. There will also be two limited edition vehicles, the Ice Breaker and the Toe Truck. Player will be able to include two new exclusive drivers to the game by meeting, Gadget Steward, and Dave Worker. Finally, the soundtrack will be come included with the title.
The Steam edition will also feature Big Picture Mode Compatibility, Achievements, Trading Cards, Leader Boards, Cloud Support, and Partial Steam Controller Support. So really, quite a lot of Steam support.
- A list of features from the press release are as followed,Customizable Cars: Gamers unlock 27 cars to customize and race, including tributes to fan favorites and new additions to the garage;
- Dynamic Tracks: FlatOut 4: Total Insanity features 20 tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, carnage levels and much more
- Destructible Environments: Vehicular havoc and destruction return to the world of racing with high speed collisions and wild destructible environments
- The Legendary Stunt Mode: Six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunt mini-games await fans in search of epic collisions and death-defying maneuvers
- Arena Mode: Three gameplay styles including Death Match, Capture the Flag and Survivor
- New Assault Mode: An arsenal of deadly weapons slow or destroy opponents
- Single Player Campaign: Race, Destroy and enjoy Stuntman mode offline before showing off your skills in multiplayer
- Hot Seat Mode: Players take turns in hot seat competition of Stunts
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Competitive local and online modes allow up to eight players to master destruction arenas, race courses and set traps
The title will also be bringing Steam Workshop support at a later date within the month. It seems ages ago that the reveal trailer landed, and then suddenly the launch trailer came out shortly after. The PS4 and Xbox One versions will also be launching on retail in North and South America on the 2nd of May.
Source: Press Release