Hello, and welcome to today’s video games round-up where we settle down at roughly 9PM GMT and link out to the shifts in the industry that we’ve covered, and those that we haven’t.
Today my little ramble will be on the subject of all of the definitive lists that I keep seeing on other sites, specifically the definitive lists of ‘Every Switch Game So Far!’
As you’ve probably noticed, reader dearest, this isn’t a practise that we partake in here at Bigbossbattle, for a start it’s a little bit baity, although I suppose by extention any of our ‘latest’ and ‘new’ titled news are too. What really grinds my gears, scrubs my spine, sears my stomach, and tears my tonsils however is the fact that all of us here know that this soon after the consoles announcement there’s bound to be more and more games coming forward for, or with intention to be on, the new platform.
People may lament the ‘line-up’ showcased by Nintendo thus far, but as we all know the industry is shifting to smaller titles, and downloadable titles, and there seems to have been three or four of them announced for the platform most days since.
This, however, is the final VGNRu (gotta find a better name!) from us today, and you can take my word for that.
Video Games News, From B3’s Mouth,
Editorial – Recommended Reading: Of Vanille and Pinball
Op Ed – My Journey Through Bernband
News – Apocalypse Dawn, Post-Zombie Apocalpyse MMORPG to Start Crowdfunding Tomorrow
News – Dead Effect 2 Available to Xbox One Users, PS4 Users Get It This Week
News – New Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Teaser Lands
News – FOVE Confirm Headsets Are Shipping
News – New Rain World GIF’s Show Living Ecosystem in Action
News – FDG Entertainment Confirm Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom Launching on Switch
News – Mainlining Approaches Release; Release Date Nailed Down; Trailer Released
News – Sundered, New Metroidvania from Jotun Devs, Launches Kickstarter; Trailer, Details Within.
And, here’s what we didn’t get the chance to cover, from the source.
- Yacht Club Games, who recently announced they were changing the name of Shovel Knight, and releasing it on the Switch (Oh-Ho!), have announced that they are moving on from Shovel Knight this year for a new project. (Twitter)
- Route 59 announced the first trailer for their upcoming title Necrobarista. It’s a very cool looking cinematic, visual-novel that combines a quirky setting with an interesting word delivery method – check it out.
- Malicious Fallen, the formerly Japan only ARPG is receiving a PS4 remaster which is coming West. Trailer here
- HeadUp Games have uploaded a release trailer for the upcoming Wii U version of Toby: The Secret Mine, which launches on the 19th of January. (Trailer)
- Rebel Galaxy developer, Double Damage, are working on a first-person space shooter as briefly shown off in a tweet from Co-Founder Travis Baldree. There’s no real details on the title outside of planned releases for PS4, PC & possibly Xbox One, but it looks pretty impressive from what little has been shown. (Twitter)
- Atari have teased an unveil for their next endeavour, wearable hardware. The word is that the reveal is coming next month. Details came via a newsletter that lead to gameband.com#
- NiOh, the unforgiving third person RPG from Koei Tecmo, has officially gone gold ahead of it’s launch over the second week of February.
- Rovio, as reported on BusinessWire, have opened up a new studio in London with a view to focus on MMO development and new IP.
- Gabe Newell will be hosting a Reddit AMA on January 17th at 11PM GMT. So, if you’ve got any nagging questions about the number three, make sure to not go over there because I’m pretty sure he’s already answered whatever funny jokes you’ve got planned at least three hundred times.
- For the time being, at least, it doesn’t look like Gearbox will be working with Nintendo on future titles, as studio head Randy Pitchford explained to a fan on Twitter.
- Altus have announced a new entry in the Shin Megami Tensai series, noting that the project has begun in line with the series’ 25th anniversary. The teaser video is just here.
- King of Fighters: World, a MMORPG with a persistent world was announced for a Summer release in China for iOS & Android, with a worldwide release to follow. Details are otherwise sparse, but there’s a ‘concept movie’ here.
- SWERY65, who headed up the amazing Deadly Premonition, and D4, has returned to development with a new, small studio called White Owls Studio. (Official Website)
- Raw Fury, the developer of Gonner and Kingdom, has announced that both those titles, and an as-of-yet unannounced title, will be launching for the Switch. (Oh-Ho!) (Facebook)
- Sega Japan uploaded a new trailer for the upcoming Valkyria: Azure Revolution. It’s a cinematic affair, although I’m sure that if I spoke more than three words of Japanese I’d be able to ascertain a rough story from it. (Trailer)
- As reported by Powerupgaming, people have been rummaging through the No Man Sky files and have found information that may pertain to the addition of buggies and land vehicles which could be on the way in a future update.
- AGDQ, Awesome Games Done Quick, came to a close over the weekend with a grand total of over $2,213,397, as reported by the event’s Twitter on Sunday.
- Daedalic Entertainment announced that the upcoming State of Mind, which they are publishing, will not just be launching for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One but also the Nintendo Switch. (Oh-Ho!) Those unaware of the interesting, dystopian adventure title wouldn’t suffer from watching its announce trailer.
We run these round-ups from Monday to Saturday, so make sure to check back tomorrow.
If you think we missed something then why not drop it into the comments below? We’ll jump right on getting it fixed.