Dapper Penguin Games have, alongside publisher Kasedo Games, revealed more information on the relaunched Project Automata, now known as Rise of Industry.
Rise of Industry, which previously existed as Project Automata before rebranding earlier this year, is a tycoon game which sees players exploiting the post-war industrial boom to build and buy factories to build their own production networks.
Rather than simply managing the transfer of materials and goods via the factory and gatherer buildings and vehicles, you can also engage in PR, terraform, and trade on the game’s various marketplaces.
It’s all done with a simplistic, appealing visual style, which certainly hides away an enjoyably complex experience of balancing supply -be that through controlling where you are buying from, or what you are manufacturing) as you juggle a mass of products to try and appease the populace — be that hamburgers or glassware.
You can find the game’s planned features list below:
– Experience tailored for every player – Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
– Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
– Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople
– Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
– Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
– Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
– Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
– Go green or go home: pollution, disease and other industrial by-products will eventually await the non-conscientious tycoon.
– Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challenges as you aim to make the most out of the map – Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.
– Ready for global domination? Bend and break your friends into economic submission in multiplayer-mode*
*multiplayer mode coming post release
Those interested in the game as it stands can pick it up on itch.io, alternately it will release into Steam Early Access on the 25th of January, and is currently planned for full release on the 23rd of August.
You can find its latest trailer below, and the current roadmap here.
Rise of Industry is being developed for Windows PC, Mac & Linux