Big Boss Babble Episode 8 – New Currencies for Steam, eShop’s Approaching Retirement, Epic’s Crossplay, and more.
This week’s host was Terry, who was joined by Dan, Dann and Toby to discuss a bevy of topics.
You can find each of the discussed topics below.
- 00:00:00 – Toby– Heat Signature (Part 2) – Toby and Dann discuss their thoughts on the recently released Heat Signature, sharing stories from the game while discussing the emergent problem solving that the game’s toolbox offers.
- 00:13:50 – Jorge – Epic’s Accidental Crossplay – In Jorge’s absence we still continue his plight, discussing the fact that Epic managed to activate crossplay between PS4 and Xbox One in their recent title Fortnite. This is especially relevant as Sony have been notoriously frosty about enabling such features, initially avoiding the topic before inferring it might be too complicated and then simply saying it was not going to happen.
- 00:18:15 – Toby – PUBG & Epic – While relatively old news now, the team discuss the situation developing between PUBG and Epic Games — who happen to have developed the engine that PUBG runs on. The issue stems from the advertising and similarities between Epic’s Fortnite’s recent Battle Royale mode.
- 00:30:23 – Toby – New Currencies Coming to Steam – A developer recently declared that new currencies would be coming to Valve’s client, enabling a variety of new countries to pay in their local currency.
- 00:38:03 – Toby – VRs Third Leg – The team discuss the… well, Palmer Luckey’s current mission to get a company to begin developing peripherals for VR Porn. The industry has always had a lot of influence in the success of media storage, could greater integration with VR lead to wider adoption of the technology?
- 00:45:20 – Terry – The Retirement of Digital Storefronts – With the approaching shut down of parts of Nintendo’s eShop, and the recent closure of XBLIG, there’s a big issue with the legacy of gaming. The team discuss their interactions with the storefronts, and what the future might look like for them.
Each of these topics will be released as individual Mini Boss Babbles throughout the week, for those who wish to just listen to individual topics.
You can find our entire podcast archive either on https://bigbossbattle.com, or over on https://bigbossbabble.podiant.co/ where it is hosted. Mini Boss Babbles can be found on the website, or on their dedicated feed on https://minibossbabble.podiant.co/
Can’t find us on your ideal podcast feed? Let us know and we’ll get ourselves over there for you.
“Cyborg Ninja” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/