Big Boss Babble Episode 5: Creator’s Club, Star Wars: Empire at War, Nindies and More
This week’s host was Terry, and he was joined by speakers Jorge, Dann and Dan to discuss a bevy of topics.
You can find each of the discussed topics below.
This week’s open was a discussion surrounding games which inspired us to look into things we’d not have done so with otherwise — specifically, in our case, mythology and music.
- 00:08:17 – Dann – Fallout New California – A total conversion mod for Fallout: New Vegas.
- The subject shifts onto Bethesda possibly allowing for a Fallout: Enhanced Edition.
- And a little bit of whinging about Fallout 4’s structure.
- 00:20:09 – Jorge – Bethesda’s Creator’s Club – Discussing the value to the creators, and the industry on the whole, of Bethesda’s return to the idea of charging for authorised mods.
- 00:37:15 – Terry – Infinite Minigolf – The golfing game was recently pulled from the Switch marketplace due to illicit content. EXPLICIT WARNING. Please note: we erroneously state the reported issues, in fact the game was pulled due to a naked woman around the genital area of a hulking alien on a poster.
- 00:42:49 – Dann – Star Wars: Empire at War – The 2006 RTS has recently gained official multiplayer servers through the kindness of Disney.
- This leads to a lengthy discussion about online servers being restored.
- 00:53:16 – Terry – Flashcarts – Are they ethical, or viable, to retro fans?
- 00:59:53 – Jorge – Nindies – Nintendo have finally embraced the indie side of the industry, however is it too little too late, and are they wrong to be branding them as their own initiative?
Each of these will be released as individual Mini Boss Babbles throughout the week, however those versions will lack the opening discussion included in this podcast.
Can’t find us on your ideal podcast feed? Let us know and we’ll get ourselves over there for you.
“Cyborg Ninja” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/