Hello, and welcome to today’s video games round-up where we settle down and link out to the shifts in the industry that we’ve covered, and those that we haven’t.
It would be folly to not in some way mention the massive news that hot-topic of hot-topic Star Wars has a title for the new episode. Certainly a mass of people I know seem to be talking about it and speculating on the events they’ll see play out in the new film, all while a Han Solo centric prequel is planned, and all sorts of other stuff.
I can’t help but feel a little bit left out – having had Star Wars ruined thoroughly in my younger years by all of that ‘Top 100 moments in X’ tosh that started filling up TV in the 90s and 00s , I decided that there was no need for me to watch the films, and so mentally pushed the original trilogy out of my mind.
Since then we’ve, of course, had Episode 1-3 come out, and a mass of video games to which I’ve put a lot of time ; Battlefront 1 & 2, the Lego tie ins, and of course KOTOR.
Are there any of you out there who have somewhat accidentally avoided a franchise following over-exposure to it? Leave a comment & spark up a conversation.
Video Games News, From B3’s Mouth,
Op-Ed – On Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan from Kiro’o Games
GG – Greenlight Highlight | Some We Missed; Twist of Destiny; Cluckles’ Adventure; Dark Devotion & Night Lights
News – NieR: Automata New Gameplay Footage Introduces New Areas, Also Fishing
News – Graywalkers: Purgatory Preparing For Early Access Release In Early 2017
News – Galaxy of Pen & Paper is Behold Studios’ Next Title; Details, Teaser Trailer Within
News – Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World Talks History In Short Video
News – Solitairica on Android & iOS
News – The Great Ace Attorney 2 Announced For 3DS, New Trailer Revealed
News – Fumiko Gets a Romantic Release Date & New Trailer
News – Eye-Tracking Tech Coming to Dying Light; Detailed in Trailer
News – Talisman: Digital Edition Launching on PS4 & Vita this Spring; Details, Trailer Within
News – Get Pumped, Tekken 7 Is Launching On 2nd June
News – “Coastline” -Newest Rainbow Six Siege Map- Shown Off In it’s Own Special Trailer
And, here’s what we didn’t get the chance to cover, from the source.
- Leslie Benzies, who is currently involved in legal proceedings with previous longtime employer Rockstar, registered five new companies of which at least one is focused on software development – although, to be honest most of them sound prime for it. (Gamesindustry.biz)
- Xbox Insiders will be getting an upgraded Dashboard soon, with accessibility, streaming and recording tweaks among a lot more. (Xbox Wire)
- theHunter: Call of the Wild received a confirmed release date. The multiplayer hunting title will be releasing February 16th. (Official Site) (Trailer)
- Klei Entertianment have acquired Slick Entertainment, who recently released Viking Squad, and before that worked on the N+ Ports. As explained in this PC Gamer post, the two groups had history from working together at Relic.
- EA released a press release detailing that EA Access Subscribers would be able to play 10-hours of upcoming Bioware title Mass Effect Andromeda five days before the game’s full release.
- Capcom confirmed the PC and Xbox One release dates for digital version of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 as March 7th. They also mentioned there would be a limited run of physical version for current gen consoles. (Capcom-Unity)
- Amazon have pulled the Legend of Zelda; Breath of the Wild guide after it was found to contain spoilers. (Nintendo Everything)
- Paradox’s Magne Skjæran delivered the most recent CKII update notes which were focused on UI improvements in the upcoming content patch. Notable changes include naming options, indicators of likely council position, and an ‘auto-assign commanders’ tickbox. (Paradox Plaza)
- CAYNE, a new, free adventure game from the creators of STASIS will launch for free onto Steam tomorrow. Alongside the initial game’s memorable isometric view meets adventure style inventory the game feautres FMV cut scenes and a new visuals engine. (Steam Page) (Old Trailer)
- Adam Boyes’ role at Playstation has now been filled by former Harmonix COO Florian Hunziker. (Gamesindustry.biz)
- Topically, Zen have announced a Rogue One themed addition to Zen Pinabll, which will launch on most platforms on 31st of January, and then mobile devices on February 2nd. (Blog)
- Oh, and the third DLC for Dark Souls III has been announced with a new trailer. It looks glum as glum comes, but that makes sense considering the DLC is said to wrap up the Souls universe for the immediate future. The Ringed City is it’s name-oh, and March 28th is its release date-oh. (Trailer)
- Nordeus, the creators of Top Eleven, have announced a new title called Spellsouls: Duel of Legends. It’s a card-based MOBA that they’re intending to deliver with the consistency and depth that has allowed Top Eleven to reach its vast (150 million strong) audience. The game is currently in softlaunch, you can find an old trailer for it (here).
We run these round-ups from Monday to Saturday, so make sure to check back tomorrow.
If you think we missed something then why not drop it into the comments below? We’ll jump right on getting it fixed.