Aven Colony has received a new trailer in this busy, busy week of E3, this one to drive pre-orders ahead of the approaching, 25th of July, release date.
Mothership Entertainment and publishers Team 17, have released a new trailer ahead of the launch of their upcoming colony-creator, Aven Colony. In the game players will take command of the layout and management of an extraterrestrial base, carefully overseeing the efforts and supplies of the colonists who are trying to make a life off-world
Here’s the key feature’s list from the game’s Steam page:
- COLONIZE AN ALIEN WORLD: Build a new home for humanity on a world with a low-oxygen atmosphere, extreme electrical storms, shard storms, dust devils, deadly toxic gas eruptions from geothermal vents, and days so long they have their own seasons. Explore a variety of biomes, from the lush wetlands environment to the much less habitable desert and arctic.
- MEET THE LOCALS: Encounter a variety of alien life forms, including giant sandworms, deadly plague spores, and a vicious fungal infection known as “The Creep.”
- SUPERVISE YOUR COLONISTS: Settling a new world can be stressful. As a new Colony Governor, you’ll need to work overtime to help your colonists deal with their new environment. Using the 12 distinct “overlay” modes, you can mange your colony’s Crops, Citizens, Happiness, Crime, Air, Electricity, Employment, Resources, Commute, Structures, Drones, and Water. Earn the respect of your colonists, and rise in rank from Colony Governor to Expedition President!
- DISCOVER THE PAST: The world of Aven Prime holds many secrets. Play through a full single-player campaign and participate in a story that reveals some of the many secrets of this brave new world.
- BUILD THE FUTURE: Use construction drones to build dozens of types of structures to house your colonists, establish trading routes, welcome immigrants and much more! Enhance your existing buildings through several upgrade tiers to push your colony to new heights!
- EXPEDITION SYSTEM: Deploy your crack team of pioneers to explore alien ruins, recover artifacts, repair crashed vessels and rescue lost explorers. Get ready to take on plague and creep spore nests whilst fending off splinter groups, rebels and Aven Prime’s remaining robot guardians which threaten your new civilisation.
- PREPARE FOR WINTER: A fully functional day/night and seasonal cycle. During the winter Aven Prime freezes over – farms will not grow food and solar panels will generate far less electricity. Take measures to survive this harsh climate!”
Players who pre-order the game will receive an extra sandbox map, Cerulean Vale, which is apparently littered with dangerous badlands as well as the remains of an ancient seabed. You can find the new trailer below,
Aven Colon launches on the 25th of July for PS4, Xbox One & PC.