Jorge, Dann & Terry meet up for another discussion about recent gaming news, this time discussing the following topics:
- Call of Duty’s controversial loot-box powered matchmaking.
- Ubisoft’s statement on DRM affecting game performance in Assassin’s Creed Origins
- Last of Us 2 & Detroit: Beyond Human’s touchy trailers.
- Retrospective: The Dreamcast
- Valve’s crackdown on ‘non-beta’ betas on adult games.
- Bossa’s direct statement regarding Decksplash’s launch.
We touched on the trademark of Activision’s loot-box matchmaking in last week’s podcast, as well as discussing games which addressed real world issues — although I must admit we were rather flat on the end, and this week’s Last of Us 2 conversation is much more spirited.
Those interested in reading up on some of the other topics would do well to read Glixel’s coverage of the Ubisoft DRM topic. If finding out about Decksplash’s target ‘free users’ for this week is the kind of thing you’d like then you can get it straight from the horse’s mouth over on Steam. Finally, if you’d like to read up on Valve’s new restrictions on what can, and what can’t, go up via Steam’s beta system then you can read about the restrictions on Adult Game Betas over on PCGamesN.