RemovableSanity spent some time with the recent Path of Exile beta and committed his thoughts on the upcoming (to consoles) free to play ARPG to video.
More than an ARPG, Path of Exile features both co-operative and PvP multiplayer, as well as a wonderful, maze-like skill tree which includes hundreds of options.
Here’s a list of the features from the game’s Steam page:
- Freedom. Power. Revenge.Banished for your misdeeds to the dark, brutal world of Wraeclast, you play as the Duelist, Witch, Ranger, Templar, Marauder, Shadow or the Scion class. From forsaken shores through to the ruined city of Sarn, explore Wraeclast and uncover the ancient secrets waiting for you.
- Unlimited Character CustomizationCreate and customize hundreds of unique skill combinations from tradable itemized gems and our gigantic passive skill tree. Combine skill gems, support gems and trigger gems to create your own unique combination of power, defense and destruction.
- Deadly MissionsThe Forsaken Masters each have their own style of mission and each of these missions has many variations. As you explore deeper into Wraeclast, the pool of available variations increases to challenge you in new ways. All of the Missions and their variations can occur anywhere in the game, including within end-game Maps.
- Dressed to KillPath of Exile is all about items. Find, collect and trade magic, rare and unique items with arcane properties, then customize your character build around the deadliest combinations you possess.
- Brutal Competitive PlayBattle in PvP tournaments seasons and Capture the Flag events for worldwide recognition. Compete in Daily Leagues and Race Events that run as separate game worlds with their own ladders and economies to win valuable prizes.
- Customise Your HideoutIn their extensive travels throughout Wraeclast, the Forsaken Masters have discovered ideal locations for an Exile to use as their own secret Hideout. Once you’ve earned a Master’s trust, you may be taken to a Hideout, where you can create your own personalised town. Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options. Use your Hideout as a quiet place to craft after battle, or expand it and use it as a personalised Guild Hall with hundreds of decorations.
- Fair-To-Play. Never Pay-To-Win. We’re committed to creating a fair playing field for all players. You cannot gain gameplay advantage by spending real money in Path of Exile.
Those interested in signing up for the Path of Exile beta can do so here.
Path of Exile is available now on PC, and will be launching (free to play) for the Xbox One & PS4 soon.