Elliot Quest, from developer Ansimuz Games, follows the story of a young man called Elliot who no longer can die. Elliot’s wife disappears, and soon afterwards he falls sick and attempts to take his own life–only to discovers that he can’t die. Plagued by nightmares and growing weaker by the day, Elliot seeks out a local Sage, who tells him that he’s the victim of a rare curse. A demon called a Satar is slowly consuming Elliot’s vitality.
Elliot Quest is a side-scrolling action-adventure game, with a top-down overworld connecting the various areas in which to explore.
The retro 8bit adventure / RPG has taken inspiration from titles as Metroid, Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest, and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
With 5 dungeons to conquer, 16 bosses to defeat, and countless treasures to discover and hidden areas, there is plenty to keep any gamer entertained. At the beginning of the game, Elliot can do little but run, jump, and shoot arrows, but as he acquires new items and gains experience, he will gain new abilities which will help him explore un-reachable areas.
Elliot Quest features:
• An expansive island to explore with over 16 unique bosses
• Customize your character with an engaging Level Up System
• Chain attacks to make enemies drop more items
• Experiment with different magic attacks to defeat Elliot’s enemies
• Solve puzzles to find hidden crystals and access secret areas
• Hunt powerful monsters to find powerful weapons
• 3 unique endings based on your decisions
• Well-balanced gameplay that’s easy to pick up but challenging to master
Elliot Quest actually launched on PC in 2014, and it has finally been ported over for PS4 & Xbox One in all its 8-bit goodness. Find the cure and solve the riddle of your wife before the demon takes you.
Thanks to Big Boss Battle, I managed to spend some in-depth time with the game, and hopefully my video above provides a helpful insight into the game; with a specific focus on it’s mechanics, gameplay and overall fun factor.