Brace Yourself Games will be releasing the prequel expansion pack for their award-winning rhythm-roguelike title on January 24th.
Crypt of the NecroDancer was a pretty radical twist on the roguelike genre, one achieved by injecting it with rhythm dependent mechanics which saw you navigating and fighting to the beat of the game’s music; a tidy twist on a heavily saturated sub-genre if I do say so myself.
Back in late (22nd of) December the developers, Brace Yourself Games, announced that a prequel DLC would be -in what I think is a first- coming to Early Access on the 24th of January.
The DLC will add a whole bunch new features, which you can find below:
- A whole new zone full of nefarious new enemies!
- A powerful new protagonist: Nocturna!
- New weapons, armor, and other loot
- Pet-like “familiars” that stay by your side and help you fight!
- A new story cutscene and a new boss battle
- Over 20 new tracks have been added to the soundtrack, including vocals from Mega Ran as “FortissiMole”!
- A completely new playable OST remix created by OverClocked ReMix
The developers will also be adding the following during Early Access:
- More playable characters
- More gameplay modes
- More items
- Final story cutscenes
- And Nocturna’s final boss battles!
They also released a trailer for the upcoming DLC, which you can find below.