Big Boss Babble Episode 7 – Spellbound, Heat Signature, Cook Serve Delicious 2, and more.
This week’s host was Terry, who was joined by Jorge, Dann and Toby to discuss a bevy of topics.
You can find each of the discussed topics below.
This week’s bonus discussion takes place at the end of the podcast, with Jorge discussing the recent Nintendo Direct, the games it brought forth, and the fact that Mario is almost definitely a human now.
- 00:00:00 – Jorge – Tooth and Tail – A RTS where you, the leader of a faction of animals during an Industrial Era inspired worker’s revolt, play as the cursor. The team discuss their thoughts on the game’s controls and setting.
- 00:11:40 – Terry – Digital Rights and Fair Use – It’s the age old story, Boy meets Girl, they fall in love, then Boy says something disrespectful and racist and so Girl DMCAs the video that Boy made of their game. The team discuss how Youtube is still very much in a Wild West state, with both advertisers and creators having little control over what goes where — most importantly though they discuss who truly owns the videos created, the makers of the game, or the personality in the video.
- 00:25:05 – Toby – Hunting Yankee – The team discuss Hunting Yankee, a North Korean made game about shooting American soldiers.
- 00:37:05 – Jorge – Spellbound – Stardew Valley publisher Chucklefish have been teasing their next title for some time, but it now seems to be on the threshold of a formal announcement. The team weigh in on their opinions on a game where you play a student at a magic school.
- 00:43:10 – Toby – Heat Signature – Suspicious Developments’ open-galaxy mercenary title is imminent, the team discuss their hopes for the game.
- 00:48:00 – Dann – Cook Serve Delicious 2 – Dann waxes enthusiastic about CSD2 explaining the concept of the series, and the changes to the sequel to the team.
Each of these topics will be released as individual Mini Boss Babbles throughout the week, however those versions will lack the closing discussion included in this podcast.
Can’t find us on your ideal podcast feed? Let us know and we’ll get ourselves over there for you.
“Cyborg Ninja” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/